Stress Engineer Aerospace - Toronto Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Stress Engineer Aerospace - Toronto, Canada
Our Client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing aircraft. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit
In your role, you will:
- Provide support and technical engineering expertise in the area of structural strength to other engineering functions.
- Participate in Integrated Technical Engineering Reviews/Final Assembly Line (FAL) meetings concerning Technical Engineering issues and coordinate with other sections of FAL Engineering Team to provide solutions on technical issues.
- Carry out stress calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks ranging from modifications to manufacturing concessions.
- Review, comment/approve RNCs related to Technical Engineering Strength/Stress from FAL, and Suppliers.
- Assure adherence to existing Processes , Practices and TCCA expectations.
- Provide clear visibility to management of the status and/or emerging technical engineering issues related to the supported activities.
- Provide support and assist in certification activities as required.
- Identify opportunities for program cost saving.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced members of the stress team.
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft structural analysis methodologies and related airworthiness regulations.
This Permanent role is based in Toronto Canada, onsite working. Candidates must hold the rights to live and work in Canada.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in aircraft structural analysis.
- You read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- You have strong static strength analytical skills for metallic and composite structure using classical and finite element method. Proficiency in MSC PATRAN/NASTRAN and Hyperworks linear finite element code is desirable as well as use of CATIA V5.
- You have working knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance analysis.
- You possess a basic understanding of the structural certification process of civil aircraft.
- You have a good ability to communicate and share information in a clear and efficient manner, both to all involved stakeholder and management.
- Work well in a Team and will contribute to a positive team spirit.