Avionics Systems Test Engineering - Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Avionics Systems Test Engineering - Canada.
Our aerospace client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
The candidate will be responsible for Avionics Systems Testing across all of our clients aircraft and new aircraft development programs and will report directly to the Section Chief, Avionics Systems.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible to perform various tasks related to the development, testing and certification of Avionics Systems of state-of-the-art business aircrafts. More specifically:
- Participate in the development and implementation of tools and processes as needed by the function in order to meet our organizational objectives.
- Liaise with Certifying Authorities and/or support their delegates in achieving system certification.
- Manage, review and approve the deliverables of the Avionics System Suppliers.
- Review, analyze and approve the test results.
- Write, Conduct or Witness development and certification tests on the aircraft and/or on rigs for systems such as AFCS, Communication (VHF, HF, SATCOM, Datalink), Navigation (ADF, VOR, ILS, DME, TCAS, Transponder, IRS, GPS, FMS, Weather Radar), Displays (EFIS, EICAS, HUD, SVS), Information/Maintenance & Recording (IMS, OMS, Data load, CVR, FDR, AHMS).
As our ideal candidate,
This role is to be based in Montreal Canada, with some working in the USA.
- You hold a University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of multiple Avionics Systems (5 years minimum experience).
- Knowledge and/or Experience on Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems.
- You have knowledge with the specification, design, integration, test and certification of Avionics systems on aircraft.
- You have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, work planning structure and prioritization.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You are able to travel to the United States for short to medium time deployment.
- You are authorized to work in the United States.