Avionics Systems Engineer - Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Avionics Systems Engineer - Canada.
Our aerospace client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
The candidate will be responsible for Avionics Systems Engineering across all of our client's aircraft and new aircraft development programs and will report directly to the Section Chief, Avionics Systems.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible to perform various tasks related to the development, testing, certification, production and in-service support of Avionics Systems of state-of-the-art business aircrafts. More specifically:
- Participate in the development and implementation of tools and processes as needed by the function in order to meet our organizational objectives.
- Support the Final Assembly Line and In-Service Aircrafts for any design related issues and bring them to closure.
- Liaise with Certifying Authorities and/or support their delegates in achieving system certification.
- Manage, review and approve the deliverables of the Avionics System Suppliers.
- Conduct and support ARP4754 system and aircraft verification and validations.
- Review, analyze and approve the test results.
- Write, Conduct or Witness development and certification tests on the aircraft and/or on rigs.
- Be responsible for the timely integration of systems, such as AFCS, Communication (VHF, HF, SATCOM, Datalink), Navigation (ADF, VOR, ILS, DME, TCAS, Transponder, IRS, GPS, FMS, Weather Radar), Displays (EFIS, EICAS, HUD, SVS), Information/Maintenance & Recording (IMS, OMS, Data load, CVR, FDR, AHMS), on the aircraft.
- Work with the system suppliers as well as other interfacing suppliers and disciplines on the program to ensure the system is properly designed to be integrated smoothly on the aircraft.
- Define and manage the overall systems and subsystems requirements to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the field.
- Strong knowledge of multiple Avionics Systems.
- Knowledge and/or Experience on Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems.
- You have knowledge with the specification, design, integration, test and certification of Avionics systems on aircraft.
- You understand how these systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft.
- You are familiar with the industry standards DO-178, DO-160 and ARP4754.
- You have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, work planning structure and prioritization.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You are willing to travel.
This role is to be based in Montreal Canada.