Technical Expert Integrated Modular Architecture Avionics - UK remote based
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - UK
Technical Expert Integrated Modular Architecture (Avionics) - UK remote based.
Our aerospace client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
You will be part of the Avionics Flight Deck Center of Excellence (FD CoE) team. The FD CoE is team is responsible to for the design and evolution of the Flight Deck or our current and future aircraft. The team is responsible to review and evaluate the evolution of conventional systems architectures and emerging new technologies to propose innovative architectures and processes to enable an efficient evolution of our systems integration on our aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Be involved in developing knowledge and expertise on Highly Integrated Control Systems and Distributed Integrated Modular Architectures as well as Critical Embedded Systems integration.
- Be involved with OEM requirement capture of IMA System Architecture, IMA Platform and Hosted Functions.
- Be involved in defining roles and responsibilities associated with IMA System Integrator, Application provider and IMA Platform provider.
- Apply DO297 guidelines to help develop IMA development, safety and certification plans in collaboration with internal stake holders and suppliers.
- Develop and implement methodologies and procedures to ensure that the architecture supports the safety, security and certification requirements and meet the needs of end users.
- Define standards for validation, verification, and functional testing.
- Collaborate with the Project Lead to provide regular updates about the progress, design evolution risks, issues, and roadblocks.
- Provide technical direction and recommendations in design reviews covering the hardware, software, data network aspects as well as the development processes.
- Advise organization on impact of new regulations affecting the architecture.
- Interface with the other stakeholders of the project, i.e., the advanced design group, the disciplines knowledge owners, and the fellows of the engineering community, to get their support and ensure that technology is shared.
- Prepare technical documentation and reports capturing the analysis, the results of the activities and recommend the next steps.
- Operate to the defined schedule and cost objectives.
- Provide technical leadership to junior engineers and interns.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess as a minimum, a university degree in the field of computer science/electrical/aerospace engineering.
- You have solid experience with complex aircraft systems development and integration.
- You have solid experience working with DO297 development, safety, and certification guidelines
- You have experience with Embedded Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) like VxWorks 653
- You have strong experience with of aerospace communication protocols, e.g., AFDX, ARINC 429, ARINC 664p7, ARINC 661.
- You have experience with requirements development, validation, flow down and traceability
- You are familiar with networking communication protocol and related software development (UDP/IP, Ethernet ...)
- You have experience with integrated systems architectures such as Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA).
- You have experience in software development for Critical Real-Time Embedded Systems, distributed Systems, and related technologies (e.g., Networks, Processing, Software development cycles) is an asset.
- You master the ability to influence and work with minimum formal authority.
- You have sound engineering judgment and problem-solving skills, you are responsible and accountable, with a positive “can do” attitude, and can positively interact, communicate, and coordinate activities with peers, management, collaborators.
- You have strong oral presentation and technical writing skills in English communication skills.
- You understand aircraft systems integration at aircraft level, their operation, ground and flight test aspects, component qualification, reliability and safety requirements and FAR Part 25 / CAR 525 certification process is an asset.
- You have experience with model development of controller using Simulink type tools is an asset.
This role is to be remotely based in the UK with some travel to client's offices.