Avionics Systems Engineering Specialist UK remote based
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - UK
Avionics Systems Engineering Specialist UK remote based.
Our aerospace client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
The candidate will be responsible for Avionics Systems Engineering across all our clients Aircraft and new aircraft development programs and will report directly to the Section Chief of Avionics Systems.
In your role as an Avionics Systems / Engineering Specialist, you will:
Be responsible to perform various tasks related to the development, testing, certification, production, and in-service support of Avionics Systems of state-of-the-art business aircraft. More specifically:
- Define and manage the overall systems and subsystems requirements to ensure safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met.
- Work with the system suppliers as well as other interfacing suppliers and disciplines on the program to ensure the system is properly designed to be integrated smoothly on the aircraft.
- Be responsible for the timely integration of systems, such as AFCS, Communication (VHF, HF, SATCOM, Datalink), Navigation (ADF, VOR, ILS, DME, TCAS, Transponder, IRS, GPS, FMS, Weather Radar), Displays (EFIS, EICAS, HUD, SVS), Information/Maintenance & Recording (IMS, OMS, Data load, CVR, FDR, AHMS), on the aircraft.
- Write, Conduct or Witness development and certification tests on the aircraft and/or on rigs.
- Review, analyze and approve the test results.
- Conduct and support ARP4754 system and aircraft verification and validations.
- Manage, review and approve the deliverables of the Avionics System Suppliers.
- Liaise with Certifying Authorities and/or support their delegates in achieving system certification.
- Support the Final Assembly Line and In Service. Aircrafts for any design related issues and bring them to closure.
- Participate in the development and implementation of tools and processes as needed by the function to meet our organizational objectives.
- Participate in the development and implementation of software for customization of crew alerting logic and synoptics pages, I/O configuration into an IMA environment, and automation of aircraft-level functions.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a university degree in Electrical, Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- You have a solid experience in the field.
- You have strong knowledge of Avionics Systems.
- You understand how these systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft.
- You have knowledge and/or Experience on Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems (Asset).
- You have knowledge with the specification, design, integration, test, and certification of Avionics systems on aircraft.
- You are familiar with the industry standards DO-178, DO-160 and ARP4754 (Asset).
- You have strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- You have excellent problem-solving skills, work planning structure and prioritization.
- You have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- You are willing to travel.
This role is to be based remotely with occasional office visits. It is UK based.