Section Chief Engineering - Computational Advanced Aerodynamics
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Section Chief, Engineering - Computational Advanced Aerodynamics - Canada.
Our aerospace client is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you are expected to have a broad and in-depth knowledge of high-speed, high-lift and icing aerodynamics.
In your role, you will:
- Coordinate all activities related to the Computational Aerodynamics group.
- Delegate and organize resources to meet requirements of the functional projects.
- Participate in manpower planning activities and budget preparation.
- Be accountable for managing financial resources.
- Ensure adequate quality level for all deliverables produced.
- Define individual goals and expected results for employees under your supervision.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, mentoring and training, on a regular basis, to enable employees reach their goals and deliverables.
- Ensure continuous improvement, growth and industry competitiveness of computational aerodynamics.
- Ensure effective literature search, benchmarking and validation exercises.
- Oversee the development of state-of-the-art steady/unsteady structured and/or unstructured CFD methods applicable to aerodynamic analyses and optimization of aircraft components.
- Oversee the development of novel meshes generation, with deformation and adaptation techniques, CAD-free and/or CAD-centered, compatible with in-house and/or commercially available grid generation packages.
- Ensure a balanced approach between proprietary, commercial and institutional software developments, including accompanying post-processing tools for efficient data processing.
- Oversee the development of complex CFD workflows applicable to aircraft designs, aircraft stability and control analysis, aerodynamic loads calculations and Multi-Disciplinary optimization (MDO and PMDO).
- Oversee scripting standards for launching applications on our High-Performance Computing network using a commercial queuing system.
- Supervise collaborative university research programs such as Industrial Research Chairs and Collaborative Research Development grants within NSERC, CRIAQ or MITACS funding organizations.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Master’s degree in Aerodynamics, with a minimum of 15 years of relevant industrial experience
- You possess a broad knowledge in the design of high-speed and high-lift configurations.
- You possess an in-depth knowledge in computational fluid dynamics and high-performance computing.
- You have programming skills (Fortran, C/C++, OPEN-MP/MPI parallel programming, shell/Python scripts) and knowledge of High-Performance Computing best practices.
- You have experience on at least 2 or more development programs.
- You have 5 years of management experience with direct reports.
- You are bilingual (French, English).
This role is to be based in Montreal Canada.