| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - UK
Design Engineers - Aerospace - Contract basis - Bristol UK.
Due to increased demand for Engineering capacity in support of our client's UAM Projects, there is a need for Design Engineers for initially between 3-6 months activity. The Design Engineers will support of various programs, covering Wingbox , Moveables or Empennage structures (mostly in composites).
- The Design Engineer will develop, integrate and implement technical solutions for some of our client's high-profile programmes of work. The Design Engineer will help to ensure designs are compliant with all relevant customer, regulatory, and airworthiness requirements and internal standards within the programme, schedule, and manufacturing constraints.
- Have a shared responsibility in the design of structural aircraft and helicopter components, identifying technical problems and creating technical solutions. The design engineer will be working with both metal and composite structures and different assembly techniques. The design engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team together with analysis engineers, manufacturing engineers, cost engineers and tooling engineers.
- Working in all phases of a programme, starting with the conceptual phase, the full-scale phase in which the detailed design is translated into product drawings/ models, up to the product maturation phase assisting with problems during manufacturing and proposing changes to the detailed design in order to contribute to weight and cost savings.
- Work on the integration of all requirements and input from other engineering disciplines into the conceptual and detailed design, such that the product definition can be made and a cost-efficient and producible design is achieved.
- Use a variety of methods and tools, for example CAD (experience using CATIA V5 and preferably 3DX) and PLM (Windchill, 3DX) software.
- Experience in designing composite structures is a preferred, including CAD tools like CPD and/or FiberSim.
PLM (Windchill, 3DX) software
CPD and/or FiberSim
Candidates are sought on a contract basis, to work mainly from Bristol, with some flexibility.