EMC - HIRF - EMI - Lightning Strike Aerospace Engineer - Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
EMC - HIRF - EMI - Lightning Strike Aerospace Engineer - Canada.
Our Aerospace Client in Toronto, Canada, require additional support and are looking to Permanently Hire an EMC - HIRF - EMI - Lightning Strike Aerospace Engineer. Candidates with previous experience within these fields and Aerospace Industry specific knowledge are sought.
- Support at the aircraft and system level for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI)/High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)/Lightning Strike/ Electrostatic Discharge technical requirements.
- Execute complex engineering assignments related to EMI, HIRF, and Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge requirements.
- Analyse new systems designs, assess technical engineering impacts, propose EMC compliance approaches, review/approve technical engineering documents, test plans, test procedures, and test reports, and check compliance with certification regulations.
- Provide technical engineering guidance and support to collaborative R&D teams (universities, industry) in solving issues related to Electromagnetic R&D projects and driving activities to completion.
- Help drive the resolution of electromagnetic-related issues to support EMC certification and sustaining activities including production support and in-service activities.
- Have knowledge of relevant industry standards (RTCA/DO-160, SAE ARP) and a high level of familiarity with airworthiness (TCCA, FAA, EASA) Regulations and Advisory Materials pertaining to EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge.
- Define scope of work for EMC effort of technical/engineering projects, estimate the time required, plan, highlights technical risks, and execute according to priorities.
- Define technical engineering requirements, test requirements and perform detailed analysis to ensure aircraft and systems compliance with EMC certification regulations.
- Prepare EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge test procedures, execute tests in laboratories and on aircraft, and generate results and analysis test reports.
- Apply and recommend improvements to standards and best practices
- Support and witness EMC tests in Canada, the United States, and Europe as needed.
- Prepare Certification Design Compliance Reports.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a degree in Physics, in Electrical or in Engineering Sciences. Master’s degree preferred.
- You have 7-8 years minimum experience in EMC and R&D activities that may also include the scope of a Master’s degree or studies.
- You are comfortable working in a scientific R&D multicultural team, including with partners, and can interact with other functional areas, including airworthiness, manufacturing, and other engineering disciplines to achieve common goals.
- You possess good interpersonal skills in order to work well in a team and interface with other groups.
- You are open-minded, and an avid learner.
- Your strength is in conducting theoretical analysis based on physics, mathematics, and simulation, which minimizes the need for physical tests.
- You demonstrate an advanced knowledge of electromagnetic disciplines and standard scientific modelling and test methods and techniques.
- You possess good technical writing skills and can effectively communicate achievements and challenges to technical as well as non-technical management.
- You can work independently and demonstrate initiative to achieve the goals established for you.
Candidates must currently hold the rights to live and work in Canada. You will either have US or Canadian Citizenship or Canadian dual nationality.
- Located in Toronto, Ontario.
- The position allows a mix of remote from home and on-site working.