Senior Aircraft Flight Control Laws Engineer - Design Development and Analysis FBW Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Senior Aircraft Flight Control Laws Engineer - Design, Development and Analysis – FBW (Fly-By-Wire), Canada.
Our Aerospace Client based in Montreal Canada are looking to hire a Senior Aircraft Flight Control Laws Engineer to work locally in Montreal.
The Control Laws team is responsible for the design, development, testing and certification of the Fly-by-Wire (FBW) flight control laws for our next generation aircraft The Control Laws provide a means to manage the aircraft response due to pilot inputs, to reduce pilot workload while fulfilling handling quality and performance/structural loads requirements along with providing additional flight and structural envelope protections.
In your role, you will:
- Develop and improve both new and existing Control Laws design as well the corresponding assessment tools using Matlab and C++ programming.
- Support Control Laws, autopilot and navigation design development for R&D projects.
- Perform Control Laws requirements validation and verification (V&V) for any Control laws updates and/or new Control laws designs.
- Verify and deliver the Control Laws in accordance to the DO-178B standard and SAE ARP 4754.
- Design and develop pilot in the loop Control Laws based on handling quality requirements, flight and structural envelope protection requirements, performance requirements, test pilot assessments and aircraft level requirements.
- Evaluate Control Laws and FBW system failures, system stability and performance with analytical methods, desktop simulations, pilot in the loop simulator tests and flight test data.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of pertinent experience in the development of Flight Control Laws for FBW (Fly-By-Wire) aircraft.
- You have a good command in Aircraft Flight Dynamics with an in depth understanding of Aerodynamics.
- You are competent in "classical" and “modern” control systems design techniques for SISO and MIMO systems and be familiar with advanced control laws techniques and methods.
- You have good understanding of control law evaluation techniques, linear and non-development and testing procedures.
- You have a good understanding of aircraft stability and control with a pilot-in-the-loop.
- You have a good understanding of DO-178B standards, system requirements verification and validation methods and certification of complex software (ARP 4754).
- You are proficient in using Matlab and Simulink as a simulation, aircraft/system modelling and control law development tool.
- You are proficient in programming Matlab scripts.
- You are proficient in C++ programming.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are a team player with an innovative spirit, motivated and able to work independently.
This role is offered on a Permanent Hire basis. The successful Candidate will be offered a good salary and benefits package.