Technical Expert Aerospace Engineering - Loads
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Europe
Technical Expert, Aerospace Engineering - Loads.
Our Aerospace Client is looking to hire a Technical Expert who has experience within Aerospace and Aircraft Loads. This role can be performed remotely in the United Kingdom. Candidates must hold the right to live and work in the UK. Alternatively US citizens or Canadians could be located in Canada.
- Act as an Aircraft Loads Applications Lead: elaborate mid to long term plans and coordinate their execution by supporting and providing technical leadership, mentoring, and training to a team of Aircraft Loads Professionals.
- Analyze complex Aircraft Loads problems and organize technical reviews to resolve complex investigations.
- Knowledge Domain by proposing the approaches and techniques to improve the efficiency and fidelity of aircraft loads simulations.
- Use engineering judgment on selecting the appropriate methods, techniques, and tools in resolving complex issues.
- Lead interface with other engineering disciplines such as Flight Characteristics, Structures, Mass Properties, Systems, Fly-By-Wire, Landing Gear and Flight Test.
- Perform analyses and simulations to compute aircraft design loads, in support of new aircraft design studies and continued airworthiness of in-service aircraft.
- Review FEM models to compute airframe design loads, component design loads (high lift and control surface).
- Perform dynamic aeroelastic response analyses for tuned discrete gust and continuous turbulence with and without the effects from fly-by-wire.
- Define restrictions and special instructions for flight test procedures based on loads and dynamics analyses.
- Provide Loads support for both flight test and in-service AOGs.
- Document analyses and findings in engineering certification reports.
- Support Aircraft Landing Gear development, analysis and test.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering. A higher education would be an asset.
- You have a strong background in external loads analyses in the aerospace industry.
- You have a good understanding of the FAR 25 certification requirements.
- You have a strong background in static and dynamic aeroelastic loads analyses.
- You can develop FEM models, compute airframe design loads and component design loads (high lift and control surface) or perform flutter and Aeroservoelastic analysis.
- You have previous experience using Nastran for Dynamic/Aeroelastic analysis; DMAP is an asset.
- You have a good understanding of FEM, unsteady aerodynamics, and frequency-based data analysis.
- You are familiar with concepts of linearizing controls laws to be used for TDG and PSD gust and Aeroservoelastic analyses.
- You have a good knowledge of engine fan blade out and windmilling dynamic loads analyses.
- You have experience in working in flight test environment, collecting flight test data and comparing flight test data with analyses data.
- You have a good understanding of the instrumentation (strain gauge, accelerometers, pressure sensors) needed for flight test measurements.
- You have advanced programming knowledge in Matlab, Python, Fortran, C/C++, and Linux/Windows scripting.
- You have good organizational skills in planning work activities and complete tasks within budget and on schedule.
- You have good analytical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work under pressure.
This role is offered on a Permanent basis. A good salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidates.