Modelling and Simulation Engineers - Bristol Derby Preston UK- Permanent or Contract basis
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - UK
Modelling and Simulation Engineers - Bristol, Derby, Preston UK- Permanent or Contract basis.
Our Aerospace and Marine client based in the UK, are now seeking to recruit multiple engineers (permanent or contract basis) to support their upcoming programmes of work. They are seeking Modelling and Simulation Engineers who have 2 to 5 years of experience of modelling systems within the aerospace or marine sectors, or within sectors which the candidate can demonstrate the transfer of applicable skills.
The role will suit an engineers looking to diversify their experience and work within a team responsible for producing models (flight dynamics, flight control, hydraulics, actuation, landing gear etc.) on multiple and varied projects. The work involves the development of high-level vehicle models and control, such as flight dynamic models, as well as detailed models of systems and individual equipment. The role provides opportunities to work across all stages of the design cycle from concept phase through to in service with root cause analysis and problem solving, giving the candidate a broad range of experience to support them in the development of their career. The role gives a unique opportunity to work on varied projects such as, control systems for commercial jets, carrying out root cause analysis on helicopter systems, through to the development of designs within the new areas of aircraft electric propulsion and urban air mobility including eVTOLs. The candidate will broaden their wider engineering skills by working in multi-disciplinary teams, engaging with customers, and helping contribute to the internal modelling techniques and processes.
Candidates must have relevant industrial experience within the aerospace sector (or demonstrate transferrable skills from other sectors) and must have a good knowledge of engineering analysis and simulation tools, particularly Matlab/Simulink. The candidate should have experience with version control software and have knowledge of configuration management processes. The successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently and within teams of engineers.’
These roles will be predominantly based in their Bristol offices with occasional travel to their clients’ sites as required. As part of their commitment to flexibility, their staff can choose to work from other offices in Preston or Derby if preferred. They will also accept hybrid working or fully remote working.
- Working with the technical lead, developing, and adapting models representing the system under investigation
- Carry out modelling analyses
- Author technical documentation, including model description documents and analysis reports
- Candidates will ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a related discipline preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics).
Skills Key Skills:
- Hydro-actuated systems
- Electro-mechanical actuated systems
- Multi-body simulation
- Vehicle dynamics
- Systems engineering
- 2-5 years of experience
- MSC ADAMS
- Application within the Aerospace sector
- Application within the Marine sector
- Experience with battery modelling
- Experience of motor control
- Good understanding of control theory (Kalman filters, etc)
- Real time models
- Flexible, can-do approach
- Ability to deal with multiple conflicting requests
- Professional attitude
- Self-motivated to see tasks through to successful completion
Applications are invited for both Permanent and Contract roles.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental modelling principles of systems.