Human Factors and Ergonomics for Maintainability Specialist - Aerospace - Canada
| Job Posted:
Aerospace - Engineering - Americas
Human Factors & Ergonomics for Maintainability Specialist - Aerospace - Canada.
Our Aerospace client based in Canada is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing Aircraft. Their products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability and safety. They are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
Role and Duties:
- Lead the human factors program for maintenance and collaborate with maintenance specialists.
- Ensure the respect of human physical and cognitive abilities and limitations with regards to maintenance and manufacturing.
- Perform continued assessment of maintenance ergonomics throughout design lifecycle
- Perform Computer aided Ergonomics Analysis
- Investigate complex maintenance ergonomics related issues
- Participate and provide expertise in design review for maintenance ergonomic assessment throughout the aircraft design lifecycle
- Participate in expertise development for new approaches and methods in ergonomics for maintenance
As our ideal candidate:
Candidates with relevant skills and qualifications are invited to apply. Candidates should currently hold the rights to live and work in either Canada or the USA. This role is being offered on a Permanent employed basis.
- You possess a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Science and a Master's Degree in Ergonomics (physical specialization) or equivalent.
- You have at least 7 years’ experience in human factors and ergonomics for maintenance or manufacturing tasks. Aerospace maintenance experience is an asset
- You have experience in computer 3D modelling and computer aided ergonomics; knowledge of CATIA is an asset.
- You are well versed in all facets of physical ergonomics (anthropometry, movement, human strength, manual material handling techniques…).
- You are experienced in assessments of maintenance procedures including task analysis, tool usage and human error prevention and mitigation.
- You possess excellent oral presentation and technical writing skills (English is required, French is an asset).
- You have strong organizational skills as well as the abilities to develop an ergonomics for aerospace maintenance program
- You are resourceful and capable to plan and execute experiments, evaluations and tests for validation and verification
- You have the capacity to work concurrently on several projects.