Professional Aircraft Loads Engineer Canada
| Job Posted:
Professional Aircraft Loads Engineer, Canada.
Our Aerospace Client, based in Montreal Canada is looking to hire an Aircraft Loads professional Engineer.
In your role, you will:
- Perform analyses and simulations to compute aircraft design loads, in support of new aircraft design studies and continued airworthiness of in-service aircraft.
- Use a range of commercial and in-house tools.
- Use engineering judgment to perform Verification and Validation of analysis results.
- Prepare and maintain finite element model for loads analysis, including the interaction with control laws.
- Maintain, develop and document methods and in-house software.
- Support aircraft landing gear development, analysis and test.
- Support flight testing and post-process results.
- Support in-service engineering to return aircraft to service.
- Document analyses and findings in engineering certification reports and presentations (English).
- Support and interact with other engineering disciplines such as Flight Characteristics, Structures, Mass Properties, Systems, Fly-By-Wire, Landing Gear and Flight Test.
- Coordinate all stakeholders, gain commitments, and lead for results.
- Plan activities for short to medium term and occasionally for long term range.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s (preferred) degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with Aerospace specialization. A higher education would be an asset.
- You have 8 to 10 years of experience in external loads analyses in aerospace
- You have a good understanding of the FAR 25 Airworthiness Regulations.
- You have a good understanding of aircraft structures.
- You have strong background in using Nastran for Dynamic/Aeroelastic analysis.
- You have experience programming in Matlab, Python, Fortran, or C/C++.
- You have knowledge in aircraft flight dynamics.
- You have familiarity with fly-by-wire systems and control laws.
- You are eligible to obtain Canadian Controlled Goods clearance.
- You have good organizational skills in planning work activities and completing tasks within budget/schedule, and can work under pressure.
- You have good analytical thinking, problem solving, communication skills both written and spoken.
This role is offered on a Permanent basis. The successful candidate will be offered a good salary and good benefits package. You must hold the rights to live and work in Canada for this role : Canadian or US citizens.